- Note: Mushroom mince can be store-bought or if not found in your local grocery stores, finely chop mushrooms of choice – white button, shiitake, or swiss brown mushrooms.
- Mix hoisin sauce, tomato paste, sesame oil, raw sugar and chilli flakes together and set aside.
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, add cooking oil and sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add in the mushroom mince and stir well for 2 mins or until the mushroom has slightly softened.
- Add in the white section of the spring onions and stir.
- Pour in the hoisin sauce mixture and continue to stir to combine.
- Add in the green section of the spring onions and turn off the heat.
- To serve, scoop over mushrooms over cooked rice and garnish with sesame seeds, chopped spring onions, shredded carrot and roasted cashew nuts. Serve!