- Add sugar and water into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add in the dried roselle flowers, stir through, then reduce heat to simmer for 3 mins until thickened slightly.
- Strain mixture into a large jug or measuring cup and set aside in the fridge to cool completely.
- Remove the lychees from the syrup, reserving the syrup in a separate jug or measuring cup. Pat the lychees dry with paper towel, and set aside.
- Mix the reserved lychee syrup with sake at a 1:1 ratio. Set aside in the fridge to chill.
- To make the lychee eyeballs, use a butter knife to spread some strawberry jam in and around the pit of the lychee, then place a blueberry inside. Repeat with remaining lychees.
To Make Cocktail
- Pour cooled roselle syrup to fill ¼ of a glass. Add in some ice cubes.
- Pour the lychee sake mixture over a spoon onto the syrup and ice to create an ombre effect, filling up the glass about ¾ of the way.
- Carefully place the lychee eyeballs to sit on top of the ice cubes.
- Serve cold.