- Make the batter by whisking together the flour, yamaimo, eggs, and dashi until smooth.
- Brush sesame oil on the insides of the Takoyaki pan, generously coat the entire surface, then preheat the Takoyaki pan on low heat for 2 mins.
- When Takoyaki pan is ready, pour batter into each mould until three-fourths full. Add about 2 pieces of octopus and a pinch of spring onions into each mould. Then, fill each mould with batter until they are full. Make sure don’t overflow the moulds.
- Cook for about 3 mins. Carefully rotate each Takoyaki using chopsticks or a skewer. Then, cook for another 3 mins. At this point, the Takoyaki should be nicely browned, springy and soft inside.
- Use chopsticks or a skewer to transfer Takoyaki into a serving plate. Drizzle okonomiyaki sauce, then Kewpie Mayonnaise (or Kewpie Sriracha Mayonnaise for a spicy option) over the Takoyaki.
- Garnish with aonori and bonito flakes. Serve immediately.