- Marinate the fish with fish sauce for 1 hour. After marinating, grilled the fish on each side till cooked. When the fish is almost cooked, brush the grilled fish with ABC Sweet Soy Sauce. Put aside on a serving plate.
Preparing Sambal Matah
- Place the shrimp paste in a small frying pan over low-medium heat and dry fry for about 3 mins, turning a couple of times, and flattening.
- While the shrimp paste is toasting, let’s get all the ingredients ready. Start by halving, then slicing the kaffir lime leaves fairly finely.
- Chop up the chillies and garlic finely. Slice the lemongrass very thinly.
- Place the toasted shrimp paste, the salt, sugar and lime juice in a medium-sized bowl and with the back of a spoon, mash up the shrimp paste and mix everything up until you have a paste.
- Add all the ingredients that you’ve chopped into the bowl and toss everything well, making sure that all the chopped ingredients are coated with the shrimp paste and lime juice sauce. Serve on top of the grilled barramundi fillet.