- Place the chives in a large bowl and mix in the fish sauce with hand, ensuring the sauce is well spread. Turn over every 5 mins for a 30 mins period.
- In a small pan, combine the flour with water and heat on medium, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon.
- When it starts bubbling, add in the sugar and stir for 1 min. Remove from heat and let cool.
To Make Kimchi
- Strain the chives with a strainer, capturing the sauce in a large bowl.
- Mix in the flour mixture and hot pepper flakes with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Mix in the onion and chives gently, and sprinkle in the sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately. Alternatively, keep in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days to ferment, then place in the fridge.