- Scoop 2 tbsp glutinous rice flour and place into a small bowl. Mix in 10ml water and knead until smooth. In a pot, boil some water and place in the small dough. Cook for 3 mins. Meanwhile, prepare a bowl of cold water. Once the small dough has cooked, remove and place into the cold water.
- Now in a large bowl, pour in the remaining flour and add in sugar and baking powder. Put in the cooked small dough. Using your hand, break and knead while slowly pouring in water. Knead until a smooth dough is obtained.
- Dust your workbench with some glutinous rice flour and roll dough in a long log. Cut into 20 equal sizes. Roll each piece into a ball. Gently flatten a small dough ball with your fingers or palm and scoop in 1 tsp red bean paste in the middle. Then, shape the dough into a ball again, sealing the red bean paste filling completely. Repeat with remaining small dough balls.
- Prepare sesame seeds in a bowl and water in another bowl. Dip a filled ball into the water quickly and roll it with sesame seeds. Repeat with remaining filled balls.
- In a deep pan or wok, heat enough oil to cover the balls over medium high temperature. Carefully lower in the sesame balls and quickly turn the heat down. Deep fry the balls slowly until slightly golden brown. Dish out fried sesame balls and place them on paper towels to drain off excess oil.
- Serve once cooled.