- Add oil into a wok and heat over medium heat. Put in garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add in minced pork and mushrooms and stir fry until cooked.
- Mix together water, corn starch, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and ground white pepper in a bowl. Pour sauce ingredients into the wok. Stir fry to mix well then, allow to simmer for 3 mins or until the sauce reduces slightly and thickens. Put in carrots and spring onions and cook for 2 mins. Season with salt if needed. Keep aside and allow to cool.
- Place wheat starch into a large bowl and slowly pour in boiling water while gently stirring. Combine well until a thick dough forms. Allow to rest for 5 mins. Pour in glutinous rice flour and sugar, mixing well to combine. Slowly pour in water with one hand and gently mix it using the other hand to form a dough.
- Pinch out about a small palm sized dough, about 5cm in diameter. Flatten the dough with your palm and scoop some filling into the dumpling wrapper. Fold the dumpling wrapper into half to seal. Keep aside and repeat with the remainder of the dough.
- Heat enough oil for deep frying in a wok. Once hot, deep fry dumplings over medium heat until golden brown. Dish out and drain out excess oil by placing fried dumplings on paper towels. Serve once slightly cooled.