- In a big bowl mix all the seasoning with 2 tbsp of water. The mixture should be sticky and not runny.
- Add in the pork and blanched fat and mix thoroughly. Rest for 15 mins, or preferably overnight before wrapping.
- Once ready to assemble, add the spring onions, water chestnuts and garlic to the mixture and a few tablespoons of water if the mixture is dried out.
- Lay out a bean curd sheet and spoon 3 tbsp of the marinated meat mixture onto the sheet. Keep mixture in one line and close to the baseline but keeping it 2 cm away from both ends. Roll gently and cut off the bean curd sheet with a knife where the overlap meets. Try to avoid a large overlap as the double layer will cause the meat to cook unevenly. The moisture of the sheet will seal the two ends naturally. Repeat until all the marinated meat is used up.
- In a wok, heat oil for deep frying. When the oil is hot add in 3 to 4 rolls to the wok at one time. Turn these over after 3 mins or so. The rolls are cooked when they turn golden brown and when the sizzling stops.
- Remove the rolls and allow them to cool.
- Prepare the dipping sauce by mixing all ingredients till the sugar dissolves, check the flavour and adjust accordingly. Just before serving, sprinkle on the toasted sesame seeds.
- To serve, cut each roll into 6 slanted bite-sized pieces and serve with dipping sauce and cucumber slices.