- Add the minced pork, light soy sauce, white pepper powder, corn flour, and sesame oil in a small bowl and allow to marinate for at least 10 mins in the fridge.
- Bring soup stock to a simmer, and add fish balls and fish dumplings. Cook for a few mins until the fish balls float to the surface. Keep the soup bubbling at a low heat.
- Add Chinese fish sauce, black vinegar, hot stock, sambal tumis, crispy lard pieces, and lard oil in a serving bowl. Stir and mix it well.
- Add one ladle of hot stock over the bowl of marinaded pork. Set them aside.
- Meanwhile, bring another pot of water to boil. Cook Mee Pok for about 30-45 secs until just cooked. Rinse the noodles in tap water for a few secs, drain and add to serving bowl.
- Blanch fish cake slices and bean sprouts in a slotted ladle for 30 secs. Drain and transfer to serving bowl.
- Put the bowl of marinated pork in hot stock back to the soup pot. Cook the pork for a few secs and separate the pork to smaller pieces with wooden chopsticks. Drain the pork and top the serving bowl.
- Garnish with lettuce and spring onions. Ladle a small bowl of soup to go with the Mee Pok. Serve with a sauce of sliced chilli padi in soy sauce.
- Mix the noodles thoroughly with the sauce before eating.