To Prepare Lamb Skewers
- Mix all the ingredients for marinate and basting sauce together with a whisk. Set aside 2/3 cup for basting later.
- Pour in the 7-Up into remaining marinade sauce and stir well. Mix all the marinade sauce with diced lamb and marinade for 4 hours or overnight.
- String 5-6 pieces of meat onto skewers. Place skewers onto lined baking tray and brush with basting sauce. If you are using a BBQ grill, brush some oil over and grill for a few mins before brushing the basting sauce over meat.
- Pre-heat oven to 180C and bake lamb skewers for 10 mins. Pour away juices and place a wire rack onto baking tray and arrange skewers onto it.
- Change your oven setting to broiler/grill and grill lamb skewers for 20 minutes turning every few mins and brush with basting sauce.
- Rest skewers for 5 mins before serving.