- Heat up a frying pan and add 1 tbsp of sesame seed oil. Pan-fry the sliced tofu until both sides turn slightly brown. Remove and arrange on plate.
- In the same frying pan, add in the remaining 1 tbsp of sesame seed oil and fry the sliced eggplants until both sides turn golden brown. Remove and arrange on plate.
Sesame Ponzu Sauce
- In a bowl, mix together the seasoning ingredients.
- Thinly slice the basil leaves and arrange them on top of eggplant and tofu. Sprinkle the chopped spring onions.
- Serve dish warm (or chilled) with a drizzle the seasoning sauce over the eggplant and tofu.