- Create a small hole at the top of the egg. Remove all contents, wash and rinse inside of the egg shells. Place them on the egg tray.
- Prepare ingredients for the first layer of colour. Combine ingredients in a sauce pan and heat until it boils. Remove from heat. Using a syringe, insert 8-9ml of coloured liquid into each egg shell. Leave it to cool and set for approximately 10 minutes.
- Combine milk layer ingredients in a sauce pan. Heat until it boils, then remove from heat. Using a syringe, insert 8-9ml into each egg shell. Leave it to cool and set for approximately 10 minutes.
- Repeat the above steps (step 2 and 3) with next layer of colour, followed by another layer of milk, until all the layering is complete. Layers may take quicker to cook and set with the initial 2 layers and may take longer to set as the layers build up. Try to work in a cooler environment and refrain from moving the egg trays until all layers all fully set.
- Once all layers are completed, place egg trays into the refrigerator to cool and set firm. Peel off egg shells. The Easter jelly eggs is best served cold, however can be served at room temperature too.