- Preheat oven to 160°C. The oven should be ready when you’re done with your first tray of cookies.
- In a mixing bowl, add margarine, icing sugar, egg yolks, egg white, vanilla essence, and beat until creamy.
- Then, gently fold in cornflour, milk powder and plain flour until just combined.
- Fill batter into piping mould and press out ‘S’ patterns on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Using a toothpick/skewer, dip the tip into some red food colouring and dab two “eyes” onto the dragons.
- Bake at 160°C for 15 minutes. Keep an eye on the cookies to make sure they don’t brown and are slightly soft when removed from the oven. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.
- Store cookies in an airtight container. They should last up to 2-3 weeks.
- If you take a longer time to pipe the “dragons”, cover the batter with a damp cloth to keep it from drying up and hardening. If the batter hardens, add a little water.