- Place pork belly on a flat tray, cover with cling wrap and freeze for about 20-30 mins.
- Remove pork belly from freezer and check that the skin is semi-frozen. With a thin, sharp knife, score the skin about 0.5cm apart. Score just deep enough to reach the first fat layer but do not cut through the fat.
- Rub the vinegar on the pork belly skin only. Let it rest for about 30 min.
- In a small bowl, mix the all the spice oil ingredients together. Place a foil covered tray on the oven floor. Pierce a wire rack in the middle of the pork belly to prevent the meat from curling. Preheat oven to 220°C (forced-fan mode).
- Pat dry the skin with kitchen towels. Repeat rubbing in the vinegar followed by adding the rock salt.
- Pat dry and remove the excess salt. Flip the belly slab over and lightly score the underside, criss-cross about 2cm apart.
- Apply the spice oil mix on the underside and all four corners of the pork belly slab. Flip the meat over, leaving the skin side clean. Season skin with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the meat into the oven directly on the prepared rack. Roast for 20 mins.
- Turn down the temperature to 180°C and roast for another 20 mins.