- Mix the salt, five-spice powder and white pepper together.
- Rinse and clean the pork belly before drying with paper towels.
- Using a fork, knife or skewer, poke many holes evenly around the skin of the pork belly to stop any bubbles from forming while it is roasting. Make sure as to not poke holes fully through the skin.
- Rub the Shaoxing wine on to the bottom of the pork belly before rubbing in the dry mix. Ensure that the skin of the belly is kept clean.
- Place the pork belly on aluminium foil and fold the sides on to the meat. You should be left with a wrapped pork belly but the skin should still be fully exposed.
- Place the pork belly in to the fridge to marinate and dry for at least 8 hours.
- Once the pork belly has marinated, remove it from the oven and brush the skin lightly with white vinegar before covering the skin with coarse salt to form a layer.
- Bake the pork belly in an oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 45 mins.
- After 45 mins, take the pork belly out of the oven and remove the salt layer on top of the skin.
- Take the pork belly out of the aluminium foil and place it on to a wire rack to roast. Make sure to use either the leftover foil or another tray to catch the oil drippings.
- Return the pork belly to the oven, putting it on the highest rack to broil. Cook for another 10 mins or until the skin has become crispy.
- Remove the pork belly from the oven and let rest for at least 10 mins before cutting it in to bite-sized pieces to serve! To make the cutting easier, start from the meat side and cut down in to the skin.