- Combine the water and rice vinegar in to a large bowl.
- Clean the lotus root and proceed to cut it in to thin slices before placing them in to the vinegar mixture. This will help stop any discoloration from forming on the slices.
- Rinse the chips and drain them well. Pat off any of the excess water using a paper towel.
- Heat up a pan of oil to about 180 degrees Celsius and cook the lotus root in batches. Fry the chips until they become crispy and golden.
- Transfer the cooked chips on to paper towels to drain off the excess oil and to cool. Season the chips with salt and serve!