- In a bowl, combine salt, ginger and garlic with the minced chicken. Mix well. Add chopped prawns and mix to combine. Add white pepper, sesame oil, soy sauce and Chinese cooking wine. Mix well.
- Fry a teaspoon of filling in a hot pan and taste. Adjust filling mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a rounded teaspoon of filling into the centre of a dumpling skin. Dip your finger in water and moisten the edges of the wrapper. Fold the dumpling wrapper in half and press around the edges to seal. Alternatively, you may want to pinch a small portion of the edges together to form a pleat. This will help seal the edges and prevent the filling from falling out during cooking. Continue to form 4-5 pleats.
- Heat a fry pan with a drizzle of oil. Add dumplings to the hot pan in a single layer and fry for 3-4 mins until deep golden brown. Add 50ml of water and cover with a lid. Allow to steam for a further 5 mins or until water has evaporated.
- Serve immediately with soy sauce, vinegar and ginger.