- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Using a mixer, cream butter, sugar and essence until the mixture turn light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolk and lemon rind. Then, use a spatula to fold in sifted flour. Mix well.
- Put mixture into the refrigerator to chill for 30 mins until it turns slightly firm.
- Drop teaspoonfuls (approx. 5-10g) of mixture onto the crushed cornflakes, and some cornflakes into the cookie dough.
- Shape into balls and place on lightly-greased baking trays. Bake in preheated oven at 170°C for 15-20 mins or until lightly golden in colour. Cool on wire racks before storing in airtight containers.