To Cook Mori Soba
- To prepare the cold soba dipping sauce, combine the dashi, kaeshi, and mirin to a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and allow the dipping sauce to come to room temperature. Allow to cool in the refrigerator for 1 hr.
- Cook the soba only right before serving. Drain the soba in a colander and rinse the noodles under cold, running water until the noodles are cooled. Transfer to a bowl filled with cold water.
- To serve, divide the soba among 4 plates, and pour the dipping sauce into 4 small cups, with the 1 tbsp spring onions on the side of each plate. To eat, add the scallions to the dipping sauce. Dip the soba into the sauce and eat with the scallions.
- Prepare the mori soba above, but add garnishes. Divide the nori, spring onion, and wasabi among 4 small plates. To eat, add the garnishes to the dipping sauce, to taste. Dip the soba into the sauce and eat with the garnishes.