- In a medium bowl, add pieces of ribs, egg whites and salt to marinate at room temperature for about 30 mins.
- Next, evenly coat pork ribs with cornflour and let it sit for 10 mins.
- Heat up a high-sided pot with enough oil to immerse ribs. Heat oil to 180°C and fry ribs till golden brown in small batches, about 5-7 mins each batch. Do not overcrowd the pot.
- In a separate pan, heat water, coffee granules, oyster sauce and chopped chilli and simmer over medium heat until the mixture thickens slightly.
- While simmering, add in sugar and allow the sauce to caramelise. Toss in the fried ribs and stir until well coated. Then, turn off the heat.
- Serve with a dusting of cinnamon powder, chopped spring onions and chopped chilli.