- To make the Peanut Sauce, coarsely grind the peanuts, garlic, chillies and galangal in a mortar or blender. Adding small amounts of water, just enough to keep the mixture turning.
- Place the ground mixture in a saucepan with all the other dressing ingredients, except lime or lemon juice, and simmer uncovered over very low heat for about 1 hr. Stir constantly to prevent the sauce from sticking to the pot and burning. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add the lime or lemon juice, mix well and sprinkle 1 tbsp of the fried shallots over the sauce just before serving.
- In the meantime, bring a saucepan of water to a boil over medium heat, and briefly blanch the vegetables (about 30 secs for bean sprouts, 1 min for spinach, 1-2 mins for carrot, and 2-3 mins for green beans and cabbage). Remove from the heat and strain vegetables.
- On a serving platter, arrange all the vegetables and top with the tofu and egg wedges. Garnish with the remaining fried shallots and drizzle the peanut sauce on top. Serve with the deep-fried krupuk on the side.