- In two separate bowls, soak dried shiitake mushrooms and glutinous rice for a minimum of 5 hrs. Keep the water used to soak the dried shiitake mushrooms. Slice rehydrated mushrooms into half.
- In a bowl, combine chicken and rehydrated mushrooms with marinade. Add 10 tbsp of leftover mushroom water. Set aside.
- Using a wok or large pan, heat up oil and sauté shallots and garlic over medium heat until aromatic. Put in glutinous rice and remaining seasoning ingredients and fry, stirring constantly to combine all the ingredients well.
- Dish out glutinous rice mixture to a large plate. Drizzle over about 6 tbsp mushroom water. Place in a steamer and steam for 45 mins.
- Once the glutinous rice is almost done, heat up some oil in the wok or pan and stir fry the marinated chicken and mushrooms. Add in Chinese sausages and sauté for 1 min. Thicken the sauce with corn flour slurry if necessary.
- Using rice bowls or small soup bowls, place pieces of chicken, mushrooms and Chinese sausages into each bowl and spoon in some gravy. Fill up each bowl with glutinous rice. Cover the bowls with aluminium foil and place them back into the steamer. Steam for another 30 mins. Remove and serve hot.