To Make Chinese Liang Fen
- In a mixing bowl mix, 1 cup of water to mung bean starch and stir till well combined.
- In a large saucepan, heat up 3.5 cups of water till it starts to simmer. Lower the fire and gently pour in the mung bean starch mixture and stir till it turns gluey and transparent.
- Pour into glass containers and let them cool down.
- Turn out the cooled jelly and cut into 1cm slices and into 1cm strips.
- Place minced garlic and half of the spring onion in a bowl.
- In another bowl, heat up cooking oil and sesame seed oil in the microwave for 30 secs. Pour the hot oil over the minced garlic and spring onions.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients into the oil and pour over jelly strips.
- Garnish with balance spring onions and chopped coriander.