- Wash the shiitake mushrooms and soak it in the water overnight in the pot. After soaking, trim the stem and return to the pot.
- Cut the chicken meat into bite size and marinate overnight with 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine.
- In the pot with mushrooms, add goji berries and red dates, then bring to boil.
- Once boiling, turn the heat down to simmer for 30 mins.
- Add carrots, ginger and chicken and bring back to boil.
- Simmer the soup for another 30 mins, then add the remaining Shaoxing wine and chopped spring onions.
- Add salt to taste and serve garnished with curled spring onions.