- Bring a large pot of water with ½ tbsp salt to a boil. Blanch carrots and garlic chives or spinach for 10 seconds. Cool them under cold water in a colander and drain thoroughly. Season with salt and set aside.
- Blanch fried fish slices for 30 seconds in the same pot and drain in a colander. Set aside.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Boil sweet potato noodles in the same pot according to packet instructions. Drain in a colander under cold running water. Drain thoroughly.
- In a large bowl add 1 ½ tbsp sesame oil and a pinch of salt to the noodles and mix well.
- Portion sweet potato noodles into 4 bowls. Top with carrots, garlic chives (or spinach), fried fish slices, pickled daikon (danmooji) and sauce. Mix before eating.