To Make Chicken Stock and Prawns
- Place chicken stock ingredients in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to simmer, then reduce to medium-high.
- Cook for 25 mins or until chicken flesh falls off the bone and liquid reduces by about a third.
- Discard skin, pull the flesh off the bone and place in a bowl, discard bones. Set broth aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Cook the prawns, in batches, turning occasionally, for 5 mins or until prawns curl and change colour. Transfer to a serving platter.
To Make Laksa Chilli Sauce
- Mix ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside for 20 mins.
To Make Laksa Broth
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or small pot over medium low heat. Add garlic and ginger, sauté for 20 secs, then add lemongrass and chillies. Cook for 1 min.
- Add the laksa curry paste. Turn heat up to medium and cook for 2 mins, stirring constantly, or until fragrant.
- Add chicken stock, coconut milk, fish sauce and 2 tsp of laksa chilli paste. Place lid on and simmer for 10 mins.
- Adjust to taste using lime juice and fish sauce. Add tofu puffs. Leave on turned off stove with lid on for 5 mins.
To Assemble Laksa
- Divide noodles between 2 bowls. Top with shredded chicken.
- Pour broth over chicken. Top with bean sprouts and the rest of the garnishes. Serve with Laksa chilli sauce on the side.