To Make the Broth
- Rinse the bones under cold water, place them in a tray and brown them in the oven at 220°C (fan forced) for 15-20 mins.
- Transfer the bones into a pot and add water until they are fully covered. Add in the other broth ingredients (5 garlic cloves, 40g sliced ginger, spring onion & shallots).
- Bring the broth to a boil, then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 3-6 hrs.
To Make the Braised Pork Belly
- In a sauce pan, mix the light soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, mirin, Japanese sake, sugar, star anise, dry red chilli, garlic cloves, ginger and whole black pepper and bring to simmer for 2 mins.
- Take off the heat and set the braising liquid aside.
- Pat dry the pork belly and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the pork belly in a roast tray and pour the braising liquid over it.
- Wrap the tray with aluminium foil and place in a pre-heated oven at 220°C for 30 mins.
- After 30 mins, reduce the oven to 180°C and let the pork cook for another 2 hrs while basting the pork belly every 40 mins.
- After 2 hrs, remove the aluminium foil and cook for another 15 mins.
- Set the pork aside to cool until ready to serve.
- Boil the ramen noodle and the corn cob for about 4-5 mins. Place in a bowl.
- For the soft boiled egg, place your eggs in boiling water for 7 mins then remove the eggs and place in ice-cold water for 2 mins. Place in the bowl on top of the noodle.
- Cut the pork belly and assemble on the noodle, along with the enoki mushrooms.
- Pour in the broth until the noodles are covered and add in 25ml of the braising liquid mix with the ponzu sauce in each bowl.
- Top with some spring onion and serve!