- Marinate the chicken pieces with soy sauce and turmeric powder for at least 30 mins.
- Heat-up oil in a pot or wok. Coat some cornstarch over the chicken pieces. Deep fry till golden brown. Drain off the oil and set aside.
- In a wok, melt a tablespoonful of butter and stir-fry the oats until it turns crispy and golden-brown. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Melt the rest of the butter in a wok. Stir-fry the shallots until fragrant and golden brown. Then add the curry leaves and bird eye chillies (optional).
- Add the fried chicken pieces to the wok and mix well. Arrange the cooked chicken on a serving plate and top with crispy oats cereal (from Step 3).
- Serve hot with steamed rice.