- In wok over a medium-high heat, add in the oil, sesame oil and ginger. Cook the ginger until fragrant before pouring in the Shaoxing wine from the side.
- Add in the garlic and mushrooms, give it a quick stir, then separate them to the side of wok and add in the fermented red bean curd to the hot wok, stirring until the pieces have broken up, and stir well with the mushrooms.
- Add the carrots, lily flowers, bean curb sticks, stir well to coat with sauce, and add the wombok.
- With high heat, add the vegetable stock and bring it to a boil before turning the heat down for a gentle simmer while covered (optional) for 6 – 10 mins (until the wombok has softened).
- Uncover and add in the noodles. Allow to cook and soften for 5 mins.
- Prepare the corn flour roux by mixing 2 tbs water to the corn flour and immediately pour into the pot to thicken and create a silky sauce.
- Remove the wok from the heat and serve!