- Combine all stuffing ingredients in a large bowl and mix well, marinade for 15 mins.
- Add salt liberally to bitter melon and rest for 15 mins. Wash and drain, set aside.
- Put stuffing mixture into bitter melon with a teaspoon, flat at the bottom and domed on the top. Repeat for all bitter melon slices.
- In a frying pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil over medium heat. Pan-fry the bottom of bitter melons until browned, about 3 mins. Remove and set aside.
- Increase the heat to high, sauté garlic and chilli for about 2 mins or until fragrant. Other than the cornflour mixture, add the remaining sauce ingredients and bring to boil.
- Place the bitter melons back into the pan and simmer covered until they are slightly translucent and stuffing is done, about 15 mins.
- Add the cornflour mixture to thicken the sauce and turn off the heat. Serve immediately.