- Soak dried apricots and plums in red wine for 1 day. Marinate lamb shanks for 2 hrs. Dust with flour.
- Heat 3 tbsp olive oil, pan fry lamb shanks until golden on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- Sauté onions, celery and carrots in same pan for 3 mins. Deglaze with balsamic vinegar. Add red wine, half the dried fruits, tomatoes and seasoning mix. Bring to a boil.
- Place lamb shanks back into the pan, cover with water (around 400ml-500 ml) and bring to a boil. Place in a 150°C preheated oven for 1 hr. Remove and stir in remaining dried fruits. Stew for another 1 -2 hrs until tender. Pour sauce over lamb shanks occasionally when stewing.
- Remove lamb shanks and cover to keep warm. Heat sauce until thickened. Serve lamb shanks with sauce.