- Boil the short ribs in boiling water for 7-8 mins, drain and rinse the meat, set aside.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Take a large pot, put the clean beef ribs and add in the sauce mix. Boil it over medium heat for 20 mins.
- Add in onions, potatoes, carrots and jujubes and simmer for about 50 mins. Stir the beef and vegetables in between.
- Add the remaining ingredients, ground pepper and sesame oil, add in salt if you want saltier. Cook for another 10 mins.
- Serve with plain rice.