- Grease a 20cm square or round cake tin and place in a steamer. Set over a large pan or wok filled with 5cm of water.
- In a mixing bowl, combine rice with coconut milk, water and salt. Pour into the cake tin and steam for 30 mins.
- Turn off heat and leave the rice in the steamer for 10 mins. Drizzle blue butterfly pea flower extract onto the rice to create a marbled effect. Remove from the steamer and press the rice firmly to create a compressed rice base layer.
- Combine all custard topping ingredients and stir over medium heat until it starts to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Spread custard topping onto compressed rice base. Immediately steam for 30 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely before slicing the Seri Muka to serve.