- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour with salt. Stream in water slowly while using a pair of chopsticks bring flour together into a tough dough. Knead for 5 mins. Wrap up with clear wrap and let it rest for 20 mins.
- Knead the dough again for 5-8 mins until the surface is smoother and wrap up to rest for another 20 mins.
- Prepare a large plate and brush with cooking oil. Roll dough into a long log and cut into 16 equal portions.
- Roll them into smaller logs and brush with more cooking oil all around. Cover and let them rest for 1 hour.
- Take one portion out and roll into a rectangular strip. Press the centre with a chopstick.
- Pick up both ends and smash onto the surface of the silicon mat while stretching during the smashing process.
- Separate the noodles along the chopstick line. Set aside on a large tray and repeat the process with the rest of the logs.
- In a medium sauce pan, boil enough water to blanch the bok choy. Set aside. Continue to cook noodles in the boiling water. Cooked noodles will float to the surface. Drain and place into plate.
- Mix light soy sauce and black rice vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place minced garlic, chilli powder and chopped spring onions onto noodles. Heat up cooking oil in a small sauce pan. Once smoke rises, pour oil over noodles.
- Mix in light soy sauce and black vinegar into noodles and stir them to combine.
- Divide noodles into 2 plates and garnish with blanched bok choy and more chopped spring onions.