- Combine all BBQ sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Lightly steam cabbage with salt. Set aside to cool.
- Combine flour, eggs, baking powder, salt and pepper and a dash of water to thin the batter mix slightly.
- Squeeze any excess liquid from cabbage and add cabbage to batter mix and shallots.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat, add 1/6 batter mix to pan, cook until lightly browned add slices of pork belly to top of pancake, flip and cook other side until the pork belly is crispy. Cook therest of the pancakes.
- Serve with Kewpie Mayonnaise, homemade BBQ sauce and pickled ginger.
- Garnish with nori and bonito flakes.