- Combine cornflour and soy sauce in a small bowl. Add beef strips and coat in mixture. Set aside to marinate for 10 mins.
- To make the sauce, combine soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sugar and ground ginger.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil. In batches, blanch broccoli florets for 60-90 secs, then remove from boiling water into an ice bath.
- Strain in a sieve to remove excess water.
- Heat oil in a wok or large pan over medium-high heat. When oil has come to temperature, add garlic and carrots, and stir-fry for 2 mins or until carrot has slightly softened. Add beef and stir-fry for 1 min or until nearly cooked to the desired doneness. Add in blanched broccoli, and then add in noodles. Stir through noodles with beef and vegetables, making sure evenly distribute the ingredients. Stir through sesame oil and serve.