- Thoroughly clean the fish fillet and pat dry with a kitchen paper towel.
- Place red chillies, shallots, belacan and lemongrass in a blender, add a little oil and blend to a fine paste.
- In a frying pan, heat 6 tbsp of cooking oil over medium heat and add sambal paste. Add salt, fish sauce, sugar and lime juice, and stir well.
- Saute the sambal paste over medium-low heat for about 10 mins, then evenly spread the paste on both sides of the fish fillet, and place it on one of the banana leaves.
- Place the second banana leaf on top of the fish fillets and use the bamboo skewers to pierce and weave in both ends of the banana leaves to hold them together.
- Place the ikan bakar parcel on either a hot griddle or BBQ and grill for approximately 8-10 mins.
- Place ikan bakar parcel on plate and carefully remove the top banana leaf. Squeeze lime over the fish and serve immediately.