To Prep Pork Ribs
- Cut away all sinew from the back of the pork ribs and remove any membranes.
- Boil pork ribs in a pot of boiling water for 5 mins to get rid of any scum, then remove and wash under running water to clean the pork ribs. Discard the dirty water.
- In another pot, fill with 8 cups of water and submerge pork ribs. Add in salt, bay leaves and onion and boil. Simmer for 2 hours or until pork ribs are tender and almost falling off the bones.
- Remove and leave pork ribs to cool.
To Prep Spice Mix
- Add all ingredients for “Spice Mix” into a blender and blend till smooth.
- Heat up a frying pan with 1 tbsp oil and sauté the spice mixture until fragrant, then pour in the sweet sauce mixture ingredients and continue to stir until it starts to bubble. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Place baking paper on the air fryer basket. Brush the spices mixture on both sides of the ribs with the top part facing up.
- Air fry pork ribs at 190°C for 20-25 mins. Brush more spice mixture on ribs midway.