- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat, sear eggplant in a single layer, 3 mins on each side until cooked through. Set aside.
- Add 4 tbsp oil and fry shallots, garlic, ginger and lemongrass until caramelised.
- Add galangal, chilli and turmeric powder, kaffir lime leaves, ABC Sweet Soy Sauce Kecap Manis, water and tamarind, bring to a boil. Add eggplant and simmer for 5 mins until sauce thickens. Set aside.
- Heat another pan with 5 tbsp oil over high heat. Season fish with salt and pepper, pan fry for about 4 mins each side, skin side down first.
- To serve, place fish on a plate and pour eggplant sauce over the fish. Serve with steamed rice.