- Lightly tossed the bean sprouts, long beans, carrot sticks in tangy lemon fish sauce dressing and topped with peanuts to make the raw Malay-style salad.
- For the chicken marinade, add coconut milk, sambal oeleck, garlic, minced ginger, lemongrass, minced shallot, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. Stir well until combined.
- Place chicken pieces into mixing bowl, stir well to coat marinade on chicken pieces.
- Leave it for two hrs, or overnight to allow to soak up the flavors.
- Preheat BBQ grill on high heat, reduce to medium high and place chicken pieces on grill.
- Grill for 4-5 mins on each side, be sure to flip once to ensure chicken pieces remain moist.
- Remove from grill, allow to rest for 5 mins.
- Serve with Bunga Telang coconut rice and raw Malay-style salad.