- In a saucepan, boil water with 2 tsp turmeric powder and add the tofu and cook until they begin to rise to the surface. Drain and then cut into cubes. Set aside.
- Blanch the savoy cabbage in boiling water for 30 secs, drain and set aside. Repeat with the bean sprouts.
To Make Peanut Dressing
- Dissolve the dark palm sugar in ¼ cup water and simmer on a stove top for 5 mins.
- Heat oil in small fry pan over medium-high heat.
- Stir fry garlic and chilli for 1 min. Add Lee Kum Kee Vegetarian Stir-fry Sauce and stir for a further min.
- Add all other ingredients, except salt, sugar, extra water and lime juice. Bring to boil and lower heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and cool. When cool, blend until mostly smooth (you still want some chunks of peanut).
- Add more water if needed, to make dressing a thick but somewhat runny custard-like consistency. Add lime juice.
- Taste and add salt and sugar if needed. Serve warm over prepared salad.
To Make Asinan Salad:
- Arrange lettuce leaves on plate. Mix all other vegetables together. Pile on top of lettuce. Tumble over turmeric tofu. Drizzle with Peanut Dressing.
- Serve with Mie Crackers.