- Season the pork shoulder on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat up oil in a pressure cooker or slow cooker and brown the pork in batches before setting the cooked pieces aside.
- Add the rest of the braising ingredients into the cooker and then return the pork back into the cooker. Bring to boil.
- For pressure cooker, cover the pot and seal it. Cook the pork under high pressure for 1 hr. For slow cooker, cover the pot and cook on high for 4-6 hrs.
- Once the pork is cooked and tender, remove it from the pot and set aside.
- Continue to cook the leftover ingredients in the pot and add half of the cornflour slurry and mix well. If the mixture isn’t thick enough, add more of the leftover cornflour slurry.
- Once the desired thickness is achieved, turn off the heat and transfer into a large mixing bowl.
- Shred the cooled pork shoulder with two forks and then transfer into the large mixing bowl to mix with the sauce.
- Serve with steamed rice and enjoy.