- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Sift plain flour, baking powder and soda bicarbonate powder, set aside.
- Beat butter, brown sugar and caster sugar with a mixer till light and fluffy.
- Add in beaten eggs in 4 additions.
- In a small sauce pan heat up water and shaved palm sugar (Gula Melaka) to melt.
- Add in mashed bananas into the egg mixture, followed by melted palm sugar (Gula Melaka).
- Fold in flour in 3 additions.
- Pour batter into lined loaf pan and bake for 70 mins on the second lower rack of the oven. Check for doneness with a cake tester before removing from oven.
- Let cool and serve.