Vietnamese Daikon and Carrot Pickles (Do Chua) provides a sweet-sour component to many Vietnamese dishes. Get this recipe for Vietnamese pickle. Recipe by Asian Inspirations
250g daikon (radish)
2 tbsp salt
120ml hot water (to dissolve)
5 tbsp sugar
5 tbsp distilled vinegar
1. Cut carrots and daikon to sticks of desired length.
2. Sprinkle salt over carrot and daikon sticks and toss to mix well. Set aside for 15-30 mins.
3. Rinse thoroughly with water and squeeze gently to remove excess liquid. Arrange carrot and daikon sticks in jars.
4. Dissolve sugar in hot water, add the remaining vinegar and water, and stir to combine.
5. Pour pickling vinegar into the jars until the carrots and daikon is submerged. Seal and store at room temperature until pickled to taste; about 1-2 days.
6. When ready, refrigerate up to 3 weeks, or until veggies lose their crunch or become too sour.
Find your nearest Asian Store