Mamak Mee Goreng
Mamak Mee Goreng is a spicy fried noodle recipe. It can be eaten at breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is super-easy to make and hardly takes any time.
Total time: 15mins - 30mins
Cuisine: Malaysian & Singaporean
400g fresh yellow noodles
2 cups beansprouts
1 small onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 tbsp chilli paste
1 medium tomato (quartered)
200g shredded chicken
½ cup firm tofu (cubed)
1 small potato (boiled then cubed)
1 tsp dark soy sauce
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 cup tomato ketchup
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 lemon (wedged for garnish)
1 red chilli (sliced for garnish)
- Mix the light, dark soy sauces and ketchup and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large wok and sauté the onions and garlic on medium heat until fragrant, for a minute.
- Add chicken and cook for 5 mins, then add prawn for the last minute.
- Add the bean sprouts and chilli paste and stir to mix.
- Push everything to one side, add the eggs and let set for about 30 secs.
- Add everything else except garnishes and mix thoroughly and cook for a couple of minutes until the noodles are done.
- Remove from wok and serve on a plate, garnish with lemon and red chilli.