An easy recipe to make these delicious fish dumplings from scratch! They are filled with the goodness of fish, red onion and coriander. Try this Thai Recipe.
Cooking Time: 15mins - 30mins
Total time: 60mins - 120mins
1kg sea perch or ling fillets
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups red onion
½ cup coriander (chopped)
2 tsp salt
1½ tsp sugar
8 tbsp Erawan Tapioca Starch
1 tbsp Erawan Glutinous Rice Flour
2 tbsp arrowroot flour
2 cups Erawan Rice Flour
2½ cups cooled water
- Boil fish until cooked. Drain, cool and blend in a food processor.
- Heat oil in a wok and add onion, cook for 1 min.
- Add fish, pepper, salt and coriander. Mix well and cool.
- Mix all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Place on low heat and stir continuously until cooked and thick. Cool until warm.
- Coat hands with tapioca flour and knead the mixture, then divide into balls (approx the size of golf balls)
- Sprinkle bench and rolling pin with tapioca flour and roll the balls into 5cm round circles, about 2mm thick.
- Place filling on one side and fold over to form a semi-circle.
- Crimp edges decoratively to seal in the filling.
- Steam for 10 mins until cooked (you will notice the dumpling pastry becoming semi-translucent). Serve with salad, coriander and fried shallots.
Hint: These dumplings can also be baked using puff pastry.