- Heat saucepan, add pork and sauté gently for a few minutes or until light in colour. Do not brown meat. Add kimchi and cook for about 1 min, stirring. Add kimchi juice and water to the pork and kimchi mix and bring it to a boil. Skim off any impurities and simmer gently for at least 20-25 mins, lid covered.
- Add onions and continue simmering jjigae for another 10 mins. Jjigae is ready when kimchi is well softened.
- Prior to serving add tofu and butter. Serve hot and bubbling in dookbaegi or saucepan.
- Your Kimchi Jjigae is ready!
- N.B: Serve jjigae in a dookbaegi for more authentic Korean presentation.