Yuzu Lemongrass Citrus Sparkler
It’s time to shake it up! This vibrant, refreshing, citrusy cocktail will definitely leave you thirsty for more, especially during a hot summer’s day.
2 cups water (chilled)
2 cups sugar
6 stalks lemongrass (leaves removed, ends trimmed and stalk sliced crosswise)
60ml mandarin juice (freshly squeezed)
30ml yuzu juice
A splash of ginger ale
Mandarin slices (for garnishing)
Mint leaves (for garnishing)
Prepare lemongrass syrup (Do this ahead to save time!)
- Combine the 2 cups water, 2 cups sugar and 4 stalks of lemongrass in a small saucepan and simmer over medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Set aside until mixture is cool and refrigerate.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine vodka, syrup, mandarin juice and yuzu.
- Add enough ice to fill half the shaker, and shake until mixture is cold.
- Place a few ice cubes in a glass, add mandarin slices, and then strain cocktail mixture into glass. Top with a splash ginger ale, garnish with mint leaves, and serve.