Satay chicken dish comes without the skewers, so you can enjoy it as a meal on its own with steamed rice. (Straits recipe)
Total time: 15mins - 30mins
400g chicken meat
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp ginger powder
3 tbsp coriander powder
10ml vegetable oil
100ml ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis)
8 satay skewers
200g satay sauce (peanut sauce)
- Cut the meat into even-sized (2cm) and place in a bowl.
- Combine the garlic , ginger and coriander powder with the oil, sweet soy sauce (kecap manis) and diced meat and marinade for at least than 1 hr in the fridge.
- Soak the skewers in the water.
- Thread the the chicken onto skewers and grill or barbeque turning often and basting with leftover marinade for 15 mins or until cooked.
- Serve hot (or cold) with hot satay sauce.