The buttery aroma of crispy crabs and fresh curry leaves with bird's eye chilli makes this an exquisitely flavourful dish.
1kg Mud Crab
1/2 Cup of Curry Leaves, discard stem and rinsed
4 Tbsp of Salted Butter
3 Bird's eye chilli, sliced
1 Cup of Evaporated milk
1 tps sugar or to taste
1/2 tps salt or to taste
3 Tbsp water (for corn starch mix)
1 tps corn starch
1. Clean the crab and cut into pieces. Use paper towels to pat dry the crab.
2. Mix the corn starch and water in a separate bowl and set aside.
3. Heat the wok to medium heat. Melt the butter in the wok before adding the curry leaves and birds eye chillies. As soon as there is aroma from the curry leaves and chillies, add in crab and stir fry continuously until crab turns colour.
4. Add evaporated milk and cover wok, then turn heat to low. Simmer for about 5 minutes and then add corn starch to thicken the creamy butter sauce.
5. Add salt and sugar to taste.
6. Remove from wok and serve immediately.
Find your nearest Asian Store